effect marketing in action
Organic consumption was beginning to grow in natural retail channels back in 2005, but sales and awareness of organic products among mainstream consumers remained low.
- Conducted organic industry-wide research to assess current public perceptions and purchase hurdles that needed to be addressed. Developed, and launched a unique award-winning cooperative campaign, Go Organic!™ for Earth Day, to increase awareness and sales of organic products among mainstream consumers.
- Highly active retail execution during Earth Month, highlighting the connection between organic products and the planet and people’s health. By its fifth year, the campaign executed in over 3,800 retailers annually, engaging consumers through:
- High value educational coupon books
- Retail ads and displays
- Point-of-sale materials
- Reached consumers out-of-store through national and local PR, sweepstakes, social media and other online activity.
- Reduced pesticide and chemical consumption nationwide through increased organic education and purchasing.
- By reaching mainstream consumers in-store and out-of-store with the personal and environmental benefits of organic products, the campaign helped to nearly double organic penetration by 2008 Source: OTA’s Manufacturer Surveys, 2006-8.
- Drove incremental sales for top-tier sponsors 233% in 2009
- Created over 100 million impressions annually.
- Increased national awareness of organic products.